How to use the principles of total quality?
Understand that this issue is concerned with your activity and the benefits that it can bring
The concept of total quality began to be applied in the USAand Japan more than 50 years ago and became very popular in companies throughout the world. That is why it is important that you know some of its basic principles, which bring improvements to any activity.
To start, we are going to define what a product or service with quality is. The consultant Vicente Falconi, one of the main Brazilian specialists in the subject, states that “it is that which always fulfills perfectly and in a reliable manner, in an accessible way, safely and at the right time to the customer’s requirements”.
In this definition, we highlight certain aspects, which are among the basic principles of quality:
• Constance – it no good doing well only once. The commitment with quality must be permanent.
• Reliability – the customer need to be sure that it will receive what it expects.
• Easy access – what you offer must be available always, with the same quality standard.
• Execution of terms – fulfilling the term arranged is anessentialpart of any supply of quality.
• Customer satisfaction – this is the first principle of total quality. It is necessary to meet its requirements fully and, whenever possible, exceed its expectations.
The other main principle of quality is the continuous improvement. That means you can’t just keep doing something because it’s working. It is extremely important to look for improvements on the products and/or services executed, because the customers needs and demands are always changing.
Finally, there is one fundamental principle that cannot be forgotten: The non-acceptance of errors. The ideal performance pattern is the one with no-errors, in other words, it is very important to always identify and eliminate any failure in the process, and always pursue perfection!